Wim van Zwam
• Medical study, MD (Free University, Amsterdam) 1989
• Tropical Medicine (Dutch Tropical Institute, Amsterdam) 1992
• Radiology (Maastricht University Medical Centre) 2002
• International Diplome in Neurovascular Diseases, MSc (Université Paris XI) 2004
Positions and Employment
• Resident Tropical Medicine (Surgery – Gynaecology) 1989 – 1992
Slotervaart General Hospital, Amsterdam
• Tropical Doctor, Medecins Sans Frontieres 1992 – 1994
Somalië, Laos, Sri Lanka
• Resident Radiology, MUMC+, Maastricht 1995 – 2002
• Interventional Radiology, Leuven, Belgium 2002
• Neuro-interventional Radiology, Tilburg 2002
• Neuro-interventional Radiology, Essen, Germany 2003
• Interventional Radiology, MUMC+, Maastricht 2003
Thesis, PhD: 2013
Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: Imaging strategies and cost-effectiveness aspects in diagnostic work-up and post-therapeutic follow-up.
• PI of MACCA study (Magnetic resonance Angiography with Contrast in patients with Cerebra Aneurysms). Funding: 300k Euro from Profileringsfonds azM. 2006-2010
• Co-PI, member of executive committee and imaging committee of the MRCLEAN trial (Multicenter Randomized Clinical trial of Endovascular treatment of Acute ischemic stroke in the Netherlands). 2010 - 2015
Funding: 800k Euro from Dutch Heart Foundaton; 500k Euro from unrestricted grants.
Professional memberships: NVvR, NGIR, NNG, NVF, ESR, CIRSE, ESMINT, WFITN
Chair of Stroke Task Force, CIRSE
Board member of ESMINT
Member executive committee European Board of NeuroInterventions (EBNI)
PI of MRCLEAN_Late (MRCLEAN - patients arriving between 6 – 24 hrs after symptom onset), study under CONTRAST umbrella.
Co-PI, member of executive committee and imaging committee of CONTRAST (COnsortium for New Treatments in Acute Stroke).
Funding: 4000k Euro from Dutch Heart Foundaton; 4000k Euro from unrestricted grants. 200k Euro from Dutch Brain Council. 272k Euro from ZonMW
Member of executive committee MRCLEAN NoIV.