Prof. Christian Weber is the Chair in Vascular Medicine and the Director of the Institute for Cardiovascular Prevention at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich, Germany, and Professor at the CARIM. After graduating and completing his training in internal medicine at LMU and Harvard Medical School, Boston, he was board-certified in clinical cardiology and appointed as a Chair in Molecular Cardiology at RWTH Aachen University. His group has a strong interest in the molecular interactions and patho-physiological functions of chemokines and immune cell subsets, as well as the role of microRNAs and their targets in vascular disease and atherosclerosis, while his clinical interests focus on developing novel biomarkers and biopharmaceuticals. He is the Spokesman of the DFG Collaborative Research Centre SFB1123 and coordinates the partner site Munich Heart Alliance in the German Centre for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK). Among numerous awards, he is a double ERC Advanced Investigator Grant recipient and Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researcher with more than 560 publications and an h-index of 97. He serves as the Editor-in-Chiefof Thrombosis&Haemostasis, Senior Associate Editor of Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis & Vascular Biology andco-founderofCarolusTherapeutics Inc. and Cartesio Therapeutics Inc.
- Vascular Immunotherapy, German Centre for Cardiovascular Research (BMBF DZHK
- MHA VD1.2), 2019-2020
- Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy), DFG Excellence Initiative, 2019-2026
- ERC Advanced Grant °692511, PROVASC: Cell-specific vascular protection by CXCL12/CXCR4, 2016- 2022 ERC AdG
- NIH 1R01HL122843, Molecular mechanisms linking CXCL12 to atherosclerosis, 2017-2020
- DFG Collaborative Research Centre 1123 Atherosclerosis: new therapeutic targets, 2014-2022